Quaker Resources: Quakerism
Submitted on 05/04/2017
Resources on Quakerism
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
General Introductions to Quakerism
- Celebrating the Quaker Way, Ben Pink Dandelion; $6.50.
- Portrait in Grey: A Short History of the Quakers, John Punshon.
- A Sustainable Life: Quaker Faith and Practice in the Renewal of Creation, Douglas Gwyn.
- Open for transformation: Being Quaker, Ben Pink Dandelion; 2014 Swarthmore Lecture.
- Guide to Quaker Practice, Howard Brinton; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #20; $6.50.
- An Introduction to Quakerism, Ben Pink Dandelion; $32.
- Letters to a Fellow Seeker, Steve Chase; mobi-version for Kindles; $11.
- Letter to a Universalist, John Punshon.
- A Light That Is Shining: An Introduction to the Quakers, Harvey Gillman; $11.
- The Quaker Way, the RE Committee of FGC; illustrated by Signe Wilkinson; $8.95.
- The Quakers—A Very Short Introduction, Ben Pink Dandelion; $11.95.
- Quakers By Peter Furtado, Peter Furtado; $12.95.
- Silence and Witness: The Quaker Tradition, Michael Birkel; $18.
- What Is Quakerism? A Primer, George T. Peck; Pendle Hill Pamphlet; $6.50.
- Yours In Friendship: An Open Letter to Inquirers, Richard Allen; edited by Alison Leonard; $10.
- Friends for 350 Years, Howard Brinton, historical update by Margaret Hope Bacon; $16.
- One Explorer’s Glossary of Quaker Terms, Warren Smith; edited by Mae Smith-Bixby; revised by Deborah Haines; $10.
Tracts for Inquirers
- Introducing Quakers, Gordon Browne
Quaker Quest cards ($0.25)
- Quaker Testimonies
- Quakers and Prayer
- You Are Welcome Here
Quaker Press pamphlets ($0.40)
- Friends and Children, Southern Appalachian YM
- Friends and God, Mary Blackmar
- Friends and Service, Dorothy Hutchinson
- Friends and Social Change, Kenneth Boulding
- Friends and the Seeker, Irwin Abrams
- Friends and Weddings, PhYM
- Friends and Womankind, Mary Calderone
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting pamphlets ($0.40)
- A Quaker Meeting for Worship, Douglas Steere
- An Interpretation of Quakerism, Rufus Jones
- Quaker Ideals, PhYM
- Quaker Peace Testimony, Mary Lou Leavitt
- When Friends Attend to Business, Thomas Brown
- A Quaker Path: A Spiritual Journey from Visitor to Attender to Member, Membership Brochure Working Group, Western Quarterly Meeting, PhYM; $0.40.
- The Quakers, Or Our Neighbors the Friends, William Whalen; $0.85.
- Silence and Speech: For Anyone New to Quaker Worship, Richard Allen; $0.40.
- Early Prophetic Openings of George Fox, George Fox; $1.50.
- Prayer, Virginia Schurman; $0.30.
- The Gathered Meeting, Thomas Kelly; $0.40.
- On the Vocal Ministry, Ruth Pitman; $0.15.
Becoming A Member
- Moving into Membership, Committee on Eldership and Oversight, BrYM; $12.50.
- A Quaker Path: A Spiritual Journey from Visitor to Attender to Member, Membership Brochure Working Group, Western Quarterly Meeting, PhYM.
Christian History Magazine—entire issue dedicated to Quakers
- Read "The Surprising Quakers" on the Christian History Magazine website.
- Visit our Surprising Quakers page with a summary and links to the issues various sections.