A gathering of Quaker meetings and worship groups in New York state,
northern and central New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.
Looking for a place to worship?
Find a Quaker meeting near you or click Where To Worship in the menu above.
Want to know more about Friends?
To learn more about Quakers in general, check out the items in the Who We Are tab above. The Frequently Asked Questions section might be a good place to start.
The Spirit at work among us
People's Climate March—NYC, September 21, 11 am – 4 pm
- Latest Quaker information (Thursday, Sep 18, 5 pm) for Friends going to the Climate March.
- Important: Latest March information from the March organizers.
- NEW: Quaker Video Channel for the March—suggestions and links for shooting and uploading to YouTube
- Our web page on the People's Climate March, and this link for
- Quaker bus from Ithaca—Sign up for the bus taking Friends to New York directly from Farmington-Scipio Regional Meeting, Saturday, Sep 20.
- Earthcare Working Group's web page.
- Hospitality website—A place to find and offer hospitality in the New York metro area for Friends coming to the March.
- Minute approving NYYM participation in the People's Climate March.
Budget Saturday–October 25, 2014, at Purchase Meetinghouse
- Please join us as we develop the Yearly Meeting's budget for 2015
Actions taken by the gathered body of the Yearly Meeting at Summer Sessions
- Minutes of the Summer Sessions 2014
- Aproval of the Statement of Leadings and Priorities, revised, from the Priorities Working Group.
- View the original final report and Statement of Leadings and Priorities
- Approval of NYYM support for the People's Climate March—September 21 in NYC
- Approval of continuing the Meetings for Discernment
- Approval of Adirondack Meeting's request for meetinghouse repair funds
- Approval of a travel minute for Susan Regan
- Approval of a revised Handbook page for Sessions Committee