Quaker Resources: Social Justice
Submitted on 05/16/2017
Print Resources on Social Justice
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
- Faith in Action: Quaker Social Testimony, essays by Jonathan Dale and others; $20.
- Quaker Social Testimony in Our Personal and Corporate Life, Jonathan Dale; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #360; $6.50.
- Quaker Witness As Sacrament, Daniel Snyder; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #397; $6.50.
- Radical Witness: Four Talks on Faith Made Manifest in the World, Sarah Spencer, ed.; $10.
- Revolutionary Quaker Witness: Learning from the Lamb’s War of the 1650s, Doug Gwyn; $4.
- God’s Government Begun: The Society for Universal Inquiry and Reform, Thomas Hamm; $59.95.
- Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit, Parker Palmer; $24.95.
- John Woolman: A Nonviolence and Social Change Source Book, Sterling Olmstead and Mike Heller, eds.; $9.
- Kindling A Life of Concern: Spirit-led Quaker Action, Jack Kirk; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #404; $6.50.
- No Extraordinary Power: Prayer, Stillness and Activism, The 2005 Swarthmore Lecture, Helen Steven; $12.
- Oppose and Propose: Lessons from the Movement for a New Society, Andrew Cornell; $12.
- Powerful Beyond Measure: The Legacy of Quaker Leadership in the 21st Century, George Lakey;l $7.50, $4.50 ePub.
- Limits to Power: Some Friendly Reminders, Second Edition, Newton Garver; $15.
- Bridging the Class Divide—And Other Lessons for Grassroots Organizing, Linda Stout (Quaker author); $16.95.
- A Challenge to All Friends: Listen to the Light of Christ, and Then Act, Cherice Bock; $4.
- Collective Visioning: How Groups Can Work Together for a Just and Sustainable Future, Linda Stout (Quaker author); $17.95.