Quaker Resources: Earthcare
Submitted on 05/16/2017
Quaker Resources on Earthcare
NYYM Earthcare Working Group—click to visit their web page.
Resources available from Quaker Earthcare Witness
- Earthcare minutes and statements by Friends meetings and organizations
- Statements drafted by Quaker Earthcare Witness
- PDF files of BeFriending Creation, QEW's newsletter
- Quaker Eco-Bulletin, QEW's bimonthly four-page article about timely legislatiive or corporate policy issues affecting our society's relationship to the earth.
- Display resources: QEW in a Box, pdf files to print as a display screen, and a Fossil Free Friends display
- Earthcare Witness Toolkit for Meetings, a page describing the Toolkit, which can be ordered
- QEW Pamphlets, available as web pages
- A section of the QEW website on investing fossil free
- Downloadable images for use in your own earthcare witness materials
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
- Earthcare for Friends: A Study Guide for Individuals and Faith Communities, edited by Louis Cox, Ingrid Fabianson, Sandra Moon Farley, Ruah Swennerfelt (Quaker Earthcare Witness).
- Arrowhead to Hand Axe: In Search of Ecological Guidance, by Keith Helmuth; $4.
- Be Ye Perfect: The Quaker Call to Wholeness Together with Returning to Right Relationship: Where on Earth Are We?, by Lisa Lofland-Gould; $4.
- Caring for Creation: Reflections on the Biblical Basis of Earthcare, by Lisa Lofland-Gould; $8.50.
- Climate Change: A Spiritual Challenge & Becoming Again a Witnessing Body: Two Letters to New England Friends, by Brian Drayton; $5.
- A Conservationist Manifesto, by Scott Russell Sanders; $19.95.
- Earth Works: Selected Essays, by Scott Russell Sanders; $25.
- Growing into Goodness: Essays on Quaker Education, Paul Lacey, Pendle Hill; (book) $20.00.
- Earthlight: Spiritual Wisdom for An Ecological Age, edited by Anthony Manousos and Cindy Spring; $20.
- Genetically Modified Crops: Promises, Perils, and the Need for Public Policy, by Anne Mitchell, Pinayur Rajagopal, and Susan Holtz (Quaker Institute for the Future); $10.
- God's Spirit in Nature, by Judith Brown; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #336; $6.50.
- Healing Ourselves and the Earth, by Elizabeth Watson (Quaker Earthcare Witness); $4.
- How on Earth Do We Live Now? Natural Capital, Deep Ecology, and the Commons, by David Ciscel, Barbara Day, Keith Helmuth, Sandra Lewis, and Judy Lumb (Quaker Institute for the Future); $10.
- In the Love of Nature, by Steve Smith; Southeastern YM 2008 Michener Lecture; $5.
- Integrity, Ecology, and Community: The Motion of Love, by Jennie Ratcliffe; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #403; $6.50.
- Living Downstream: An Ecologist's Personal Investigation of Cancer and the Environment, by Sandra Steingraber; $16.95.
- Population Is People: A Friends Perspective, edited by Stan Becker, Louis Cox, Lisa Gould (Friends Committee on Unity with Nature—FCUN); $10.50.
- Population Resources Exercise: Instructions for Facilitators, by Stan Becker (FCUN); $1.50.
- Right Relationship: Building a Whole Earth Economy, by Peter Brown and Geoffrey Garver (Quaker Institute for the Future); $16.95.
- Goatwalking: A Guide to Wildland Living, by Jim Corbett; $4.47.
- Green Christianity: Five Ways to a Sustainable Future, by Mark Wallace.
- The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-than-human World, by David Abrams.
- The Body of God: An Ecological Theology, by Sallie McFague; $18.