Black Concerns Committee
About the Committee
Resources on Black Concerns
- Fellowship of Friends of African Descent (FoFAD)
- Bayard Rustin, African American Quaker activist
- Resources on racism
The Committee for Black Concerns used to be called the Race Relations Committee and we are still trying to meet the challenges of improving race relations within and without the Religious Society of Friends.
We seek to:
- broaden and deepen communication among all ethnic groups,
- develop among Friends a keener awareness of the violence of racism, and
- increase awareness among Friends of the history and contributions of Blacks and other ethnic groups both within and outside the Religious Society of Friends.
We work in collaboration with two other NYYM groups, the Task Group on Racism and the European American Friends Working to End Racism (EAQWER).