Quaker Witness Organizations
Quaker Witness and Service Organizations
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)—Pursues social witness, service, and advocacy, bringing Quaker values to communities in the areas of social, economic, and criminal justice.
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP)—Teaches alternatives to violence and nonviolence skills in prisons and communities.
- Bolivian Quaker Education Fund (BQEF)—Helps Quaker students in Bolivia get college degrees.
- Casa de los Amigos—a Center for Peace and International Understanding founded by the Quaker community of Mexico City
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL)—Informs local Friends of developments in national government related to Quaker concerns and brings Quaker values and testimonies to the political class in the nation's capitol.
- Friends Council on Education—The national organization of Friends schools.
- Friends Peace Teams—Works around the world to develop long-term relationships with communities in conflict to create programs for peacebuilding, healing and reconciliation.
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns—A Quaker faith community that deeply honors, affirms, and upholds that of God in all people.
- Friends Services for the Aging—An association of Quaker-affiliated organizations and programs united by their Quaker values and continuing efforts to serve older adults on the basis of Friends’ belief in the dignity of all people.
- Quaker Council for European Affairs—Promotes the values of the Religious Society of Friends in the European context. QCEA is based in Brussels.
- Quaker Earthcare Witness—An organization seeking emerging insights into right relationship with Earth and unity with nature.
- Quaker Initiative to End Torgture—An organization dedicated to ending US-sponsored torture and to heal its victims.
- Quaker Peace Centre–South Africa—Preparing people to act against all forms of violence.
- Quaker United Nations Organization (QUNO)—Promotes dialog beween United Nations members, and especiallly between parties in conflict.
- Quaker Voluntary Service—A year-long program for young adults passionately engaged in service and social justice.
- Right Sharing of World Resources—A Quaker micro-credit organization that supports grassroots income-generating projects in developing countries led by women.
- William Penn House—A Quaker center on Capitol Hill that offers educational and organizational resources, service opportunities, and hospitality for those who seek a better world
- Global Ministries Committee
- Ramallah Friends School in Ramallah, the West Bank, Palestine
These are organizations to whom we historically have had named representatives or have had some relationship.
- The Fellowship of Reconciliation
- National Religious Campaign against Torture
- Pax Christi
- War Resistors League