Summer Sessions 2016
Nurturing the Blessed Community at All Ages
Summer Sessions 2016
Silver Bay, New York
Welcome to New York Yearly Meeting Summer Sessions 2016—Our Summary page.
See the table of contents below and in the sidebar to the left for documents related to Summer Sessions 2015.
Minutes of the Summer Sessions
- Read the minutes for all sessions—note that links are provided for all attachments to the minutes.
- Download a pdf of the minutes for all sessions—note that links are provided for all attachments to the minutes.
Actions taken by the gathered body of the Yearly Meeting
- Approved a minute of support for Sara Niccoli, candidate for NY State Senate, defending her right to stand respectfully silent during the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Approved changes to Faith and Practice—See "Documents from the Sessions" below.
- Approved the reallocation of income from several unrestricted Trustee-managed funds to the operating budget—see "Trustee reports" under "Reports to Sessions" below.
- Approved a new Handbook page for Financial Services Committee—see "Documents from the Sessions" below.
Documents from the Sessions
- New York Yearly Meeting Epistle
- State of the Society Report 2015 — published 2016
- Staff plenary remarks: Nurturing the Blessed Community Across the Spectrum of Age—A discussion of staff services
- Changes to Faith & Practice
Revision of Handbook page
- Financial Services Committee — approved
- Nominations slate—nominations and releases
Reports to Sessions
- General Secretary's report to Sessions
- Announcement — General Secretary plans to leave position
- Trustees reports
Interim actions of the clerk and general secretary
- Letter to Friends in Orlando regarding shooting in Orlando
- Letter to Friends in Baton Rouge, Dallas, and Minneapolis regarding shootings in those cities
- Press release regarding killings in the summer of 2016
- White Privilege Conference Task Group
- Friends attending the FWCC gathering in Peru, 2016
- Leadings and Priorities Working Group
- New York State Council of Churches
- Sessions Committee on the search for alternate sites for annual sessions
- Sessions Committee on Pay As Led initiative for Summer Sessions
- Attendance and funds raised at Summer Sessions (from Sessions Committee)
Links to Summer Sessions web pages:
- Note the table of contents to the left, available from all Summer Sessions pages.
- Original Summer Sessions 2016 portal page
- Agendas for meetings for business in worship
- Invitations to Summer Sessions from the clerk and Sessions Committee
- Advance Documents
- Registration & Program Information
- At Silver Bay
- Travel to Silver Bay