Spiritual Nurture in New York Yearly Meeting
Welcome to the hub for programs, resources, and information on the life of the Spirit in New York Yearly Meeting.
Links to Spiritual Nurture Resources
- Tending the Garden—12 experiential workshops and retreats on spiritual nurture offered through the Spiritual Nurture Working Group to individuals and meetings.
- The NYYM Prayer List—a monthly email with requests for prayer.
- Meetings for Discernment—biannual opportunities for extended worship.
- Powell House—the Yearly Meeting's conference center periodically offers weekend conferences on spiritual nurture and invites Friends to sojourn for personal renewal when the other uses of the buildings allow.
- PoHo on the Road—Powell House also sends its retreats to regions around the Yearly Meeting. Workshop topics include First Day School Fundamentals, Community Building Games and Activities, Structuring Committees that Work, and Gatherings for Parents and Kids.
- QuakerSpeak.com—a Quaker YouTube channel featureing interviews with Friends of all differenc backgrounds talking about the core questions of our faith.
- Spiritual Formation Programs
- Spiritual Formation Program—Baltimore Yearly Meeting: an introduction to BYM's program; see the menu on the right side of this page for lots of details.
- Individual spiritual formation consultations—NYYM
- School of the Spirit—a ministry offering programs rooted in the Quaker contemplative tradition and resources for spiritual nurture.
- Resources on the life of the Spirit—a portal with links to resource pages on dozens of Quaker subjects, including on various aspects of the spiritual life.
- NYYM Committees in the Ministry Section—see all the committees in the section
- Ministry Coordinating Committee—the committee that coordinates the efforts of the spiirtual nurture and pastoral care committees of the Yearly Meeting.