Adult Religious Education
Quaker Resources on Adult Religious Education
Quaker Religious Education Collaborative (QREC)
QREC website. QREC is a grassroots network of Friends from all branches of Quakerism holding a sense of stewardship for life-long Quaker faith formation through religious education. A dynamic source for ideas, inspiration, and resources.
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
- Suggestions for Organizing and Facilitating Quaker Adult Religious Education Programs (pdf from FGC)
- Adult Religious Education Format (pdf from FGC)
- Guidelines for Wondering with Adults (pdf from FGC)
Friends General Conference resources
Quaker History Series (videos)
A five-part video series by Ben Pink Dandelion at Canadian Yearly Meeting titled The End of the World, The Beginning of Quakerism, and What Happened Next.
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting
PhYM no longer directly supports his once-popular program. However, you can find quite a few sets of course curricula online, if you look. Each meeting designs its own program, so some are more accessible and well-developed than others. Google it!
- Contemorary Quaker Classics, Ronald Sellick; $3.
- Discovering Our Faith Through Worship Sharing, compiled by Mary Snyder; $10.
- Exploring Quakerism, Leader’s Edition & Participant’s Edition, Marsha Holliday; $5 ea.
- The Oxford Handbook of Quaker Studies, Ben Pink Dandelion & Stephen Angell, eds.; $175.
- William Penn Curriculum: For Adults and High School Students, Janet Horton; $14.