Resources on Meeting for Business in Worship
Quaker Resources on Meeting for Business in Worship
Print resources available from the FGC Quaker bookstore, quakerbooks.org.
- NYYM Faith & Practice, pages 21-25.
- Guide to Quaker Practice, Howard Brinton, pages 37-42, Pendle Hill Pamphlet #20; $8.
- The Authority of Our Meetings is the Power of God, Paul Lacey, Pendle Hill Pamphlet # 365; $6.50.
- Beyond Consensus: Salvaging the Sense of the Meeting, Barry Morley, Pendle Hill Pamphlet # 307; $6.50.
- Beyond Majority Rule: Voteless Decision Making in the Religious Society of Friends, Michael Sheeran; $18.00.
- Quaker Process for Friends on the Benches, Mathilda Navias; $25.
- The Authority of Our Meetings is the Power of God, Paul Lacey; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #365.; $6.50.
- Quaker Meeting: A Risky Business, Eric W. Johnson.
- “Beyond Consensus: The Quaker Search for God’s Leading for the Group,” Friends Journal, June 1, 1986.
- “The Meeting for Business,” Merrilie McAfee Towl, Friends Journal, March 1, 1077.
- Mind of Christ: Bill Taber on Meeting for Business, Michael Birkel, ed, Pendle Hill Pamphlet #406; $6.50.
- Practicing Discernment Together: Finding God’s Way Forward in Decision Making, PYM Outreach Committee; $18.00.
- Pray and Pay Attention: Or How to Enjoy Meeting for Business, Charles Brown; $4.
- The Quaker Meeting for Business, Douglas Steere; 19th Annual J. Barnard Walton Memortial Lecture, Southeastern YM; $4.
- Spiritual Responsibility in the Meeting for Business, Patricia Loring, $0.75.
- Where Should I Stand?: A Field Guide for Monthly Meeting Clerks, Elizabeth Boardman; $12.50, $9 ePub.
- Handbook for the Presiding Clerk, David Stanfield; $4.
- Before the Meeting: A Handbook for Clerks, Keith Redfern.
- Beyond Consensus: Salvaging the Sense of the Meeting, Barry Morley; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #307; $6.50.
- When Friends Attend to Business, Thomas S. Brown; PhYM.
- Servant of the Meeting: Quaker Business Meetings and their Clerks, Cecil W. Sharman; Quaker Home Service, BrYM.
- Guide to Quaker Practice, Howard H. Brinton; Pendle Hill Pamphlet #20; $6.50.
- Principles of the Quaker Business Meeting, George Selleck; Friends United Press Pamphlet Series.
- Before Business Begins: Notes for Recording Clerks, Will Watson; NEYM; $5.
- Unforeseen Joy: Serving a Friends Meeting as Recording Clerk, Dajoh D. Hickey; North Carolina YM.