NYYM Youth Institutes
Youth Institutes: Meeting the Needs of Quaker Youth
What are Youth Institutes?
Youth Institutes offer a forum for participants to:
- Share what is working in monthly meetings and regions
- Explore ways through the difficulties encountered
- Discuss frameworks for thinking about programming for youth.
The Institutes include hands-on training in various aspects of youth work per the interest of participants through a choice of mini-workshops, which might include:
- Community building activities, the use of games in spiritual work
- Identifying opportunities for and leading service-learning programs
- Avenues for spiritual growth in youth
- Exploring sex & gender issues
- Available curriculum, curriculum design and modification
- Teens and Quakerism Today
- Art as a spiritual medium
The institutes are open to anyone interested in making their meeting a multigenerational faith community.
Materials from Past Youth Institutes
- Youth Institute brochure, March 2015.
- Youth Institute summary report, March 2015.
- Youth Institute brochure, April 2016.
- Youth Institute summary report, Farmington-Scipio, March 2017.