New York Yearly Meeting's Committees
Welcome to NYYM's committee portal.
A page introducing New York Yearly Meeting's organization by committees and providing a list of the committees and resources for committee clerks and members.
Quicklinks to Contents
- NYYM Sections
- NYYM's Committees by Section
- Alphabetical Listing of Committees
- Resources for Committee Members and Clerks
- Accountability Queries
Sections — New York Yearly Meeting's committees are organized into four sections. Each section has a coordinating committee that coordinates the work of the committees in its section. The sections are:
- General Services—coordinates the administrative functions and activities of the yearly meeting organization.
- Ministry—coordinates the work of the committees concerned with various aspects of the yearly meeting's spiritual life.
- Nurture—coordinates the work of committees concerned with the yearly meeting's community life and institutuions.
- Witness—coordinates the work of the committees concerned with the yearly meeting's soical witness in the world.
Meetings for Discernment. Meetings for Discernment and the Meetings for Discernment Steering Committee are not under the care of any section, but stand alone as bodies under the care of the yearly meeting as a whole.
NYYM Committees by Section
Committe links go to web pages for the committee.
- Meetings for Discernment Steering Committee
- General Services Section
- Ministry Section
- Nurture Section
- Witness Section
- General Services Coordinating Committee
- Financial Services
- Expenditure of the H.H. Mosher Fund
- Supervisory Committee for the General Secretary
- Trustees of the Lindley Murray Fund
NYYM Board of Trustees
- Trustees private page (requires permission)
- Leadings and Priorities Working Group
- Priorities Working Group (laid down)
- Ministry Coordinating Committee
- Conflict Transformation
- Ministry and Pastoral Care
- Committee to Revise Faith & Practice
- State of the Society
- Worship at Yearly Meeting Sessions
- Nurture Coordinating Committee
- Aging Concerns
- Friends General Conference
- Friend United Meeting
- Friends World Committee for Consultation
- Junior Yearly Meeting
- Oakwood Friends School Board
- Elsie K. Powell House, Inc.
- Young Adult Concerns
- Young Friends in Residence (laid down)
- Witness Coordinating Committee
- Alternatives to Violence Project, Inc. (AVP)
- American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
- Barrington Dunbar Fund for Black Development
- Friends Committee for Black Concerns
- Bolivian Quaker Education Fund (BQEF)
- Conscientious Objection to Paying for War
- Earthcare Working Group
- European American Quakers Working to End Racism Working Group
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL)
- Friends Peace Teams
- Indian Affairs
- National Campaign for a Peace Tax Fund
- National Religious Campaign against Torture
- New Jersey Council of Churches
- New York State Council of Churches
- Quaker Earthcare Witness
- William Penn House
- World Ministries
Resources for Committee Members and Clerks
Guidelines for Committee Service—Relevant sections from the yearly meeting Handbook on committe membership and committee clerking.
Guide for Committee Clerks—A resource packet designed to make clerking a NYYM committee easier.
Coordinating Committee Timeline—A guide to the year's tasks for coorcinating committee clerks.
Accountability Queries—Queries for use by committees and the coordinating committees for considering the spiritual state of the yearly meeting's committees.